Frida Gustavsson photographed by Miles Aldridge for Vogue Italia Beauty, October 2012.
Hans Feurer, 1982.
Obsession du Jour: “Making Fashion” Photography
If you’re at New York Fashion Week and want to have your photo taken for street style looks (or even if you’re not), below are some tips on how to look flawless in every photo:
- Stick your forehead out, not your chine!
- Which one of your eyes is bigger? Pose with that one further from the camera. Everyone has a bigger eye… everyone!
- Just relax, don’t tense up. That’s what makes your face/expression look fake!
- Try to laugh at something funny, or think of something cute when posing so your smile is genuine.
- Don’t lean back and square up… this is not Orange Is The New Black and a challenge to fight. Many people tend to raise their head and take a deep breath when posing. Stop that.
Have fun! And for more street style photos from NYFW, check out Eonline’s NYFW coverage here.
Obsession du Jour: Jon Jacobsen C-type 2013 Photography
TBT - Thierry Mugler Avant Garde 1979. Photographed by Peter Knapp.
Steven Klein shoots Martin Scorsese's leading women for W Magazine September 2014. Styled by Panos Yiapanis.
In order from top to bottom: Jodie Foster, Juliette Lewis, Winona Ryder, Jessica Lange, and Sharon Stone.
Elle Fanning lensed by Pierre Debusschere for Bullet Magazine Winter 2012/13
Avant Garde make-up in Great Expectations // Vogue Italia // March 1995
"You can’t sit with us."
The life of Mert Alas, fabulous fashion photographer, is downright glamourous.